This week’s episode of the show is exciting: it’s my very first interview show (like ever)!
Podcasting has sort of “re-emerged” and come back into the limelight in this day and age, and for good reason. Podcasts are a fantastic way to connect with your audience (and not just for marketing).
In this conversation, Danny Ozment of Emerald City Productions and I dive into a wide variety of topics on podcasting for business, from why it’s so effective to how podcasts are part of customer service to lessons learned from our various shows and how to promote your podcast.
Speaking of Danny, he’s got a great show of his own called, “So You Want to Podcast? Strategies for Growing Your Business, Community, and Influence.”
Also speaking of Danny, if you’re thinking of starting a podcast of your own, you should definitely check out his “Podcast Launch Formula” worksheet. I used it to start my show, and it’s a fantastic resource to have on-hand.
Without more rambling from me, though: let’s get into the conversation.
In this week’s conversation, we discuss:
- Who Danny Ozment is and why you should be listening to him
- Why podcasting is so effective
- How it’s easy to start a podcast, but hard to create a great show
- How podcasting is unique as a content medium
- How podcasts enable businesses to establish authority more effectively
- How podcasting acts as a customer service vehicle (and why that matters)
- How internal podcasts are emerging as an effective communication tool for companies
- The importance of authenticity in podcasting
- Lessons learned from both of our past and current efforts
- How to effectively promote your new podcast on today’s social media
It’s a jam-packed conversation, so if you have a podcast or are thinking about starting one, don’t miss this episode!
And don’t forget to check out Danny’s show and pick up your Podcast Launch Formula worksheet if you’re starting one using those links above!
That’s going to wrap it up for this week, though, so until next time:
Stay story-driven, and I’ll see ya real soon!