On this week’s show, I want to introduce a topic that I’m exploring myself and plan to talk about in much greater detail – and with people much smarter than I – in future episodes.
Our health – physical AND mental – is a critical and so often overlooked aspect of being a business owner and really of just being a human in general.
To that end, I want to introduce a very special way that Disney encourages its cast members to take care of both mind and body, then talk a little more about my own feelings and approach to the issue.
So: let’s jump into the story.
On this week’s show, I discuss:
- How Disney fosters a culture of better physical and mental well-being with yoga sessions for cast members AT CINDERELLA CASTLE!!1!
- My own struggles with both physical AND mental well-being
- My three-pronged approach to managing my health including
- How I managed to finally stick to an exercise regimen
- Why “rest” is not just about sleep
- The importance of reflection and honesty with myself
Come discuss your approach to managing your health in our free Facebook community called the “Story-Driven Business Owners!”
I know I could use the ideas on some days….
In this episode, I address mental well-being concerns, and one of those is that some people, at some times, may become so distraught as to consider self-harm.
If you ever feel such an inclination, or if you know someone who does, please don’t wait. Reach out for help.
To that end, here are a few resources that are available to you day or night:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
- TrevorLifeline for the LGBTQ Community:
- Crisis Text Line:
- Text HOME to 741741
Take care of yourself! You are too valuable to the world and to the people in it who love you to suffer!
Big thanks to CL Photographs on Flickr for the (slightly modified) shot of Cinderella Castle!