In this week’s episode of the show, I’m tackling a subject I’m not PARTICULARLY good at myself (but I am working on it and making progress), and it’s delegation.
Walt Disney, a business icon, was a master of delegation the right way, and there’s a lot we can learn on how to delegate effectively from him and from a bit of frank honesty with ourselves when it comes right down to it.
Let’s get into the story!
In this week’s episode, I discuss:
- Why delegation is so critical (and so hard to do for many of us)
- How Walt exemplified delegation done right with a story from the classic film Snow White (from the book I reviewed a couple of episodes ago!)
- The great lie we tell ourselves and why it’s so harmful
- What to do if we can’t hire for expertise yet
- How I learned to delegate as a control fanatic
- The two kinds of delegation I employ and what to know about each
- A fantastic exercise to help yourself (and your team) understand the nature of delegation
Speaking of that exercise, did you take part?
If so, here’s what I was trying to get you to draw (or picture for me)?
How’d you do (tag me on social with your drawing!)?
Did you draw the nose I didn’t mention (especially if you recognized the character as Olaf)?
Delegation ain’t easy….